Friday 27 December 2013

SALES | Boxing Day & Beyond


Well first of all Merry Christmas, what a day!
Christmas for me was strange this time round, I think I'm just ready to see the backside of this horrible year, it's been one of the hardest for me but onwards and upwards eh.
So father Christmas visited my house, I probably deserved some coal after my behaviour in the early half of this year! However he was very good to me and I got a new 32g iPad with cellular and all that jazz after asking for an iPad mini as I travel to and from London a lot at the moment so I was very thankful to my lovely mum, who I know worked hard to get me it! My boyfriends parents are amazing and got me a £60 Illamasqua voucher and Diesel Loverdose Tattoo perfume, so I was pretty pleased with myself considering I was under the impression I wasn't getting anything as I'm 'too old' (THERES NO SUCH THING AS TOO OLD FOR CHRISTMAS, GUYS!)

My lovely friend Jess got me Ariel in her little pink dress and fluffy shawl to add to my embarrassingly large collection of Disney toys and the best earrings and necklace in the world, how flipping cute are they! 



I was very naughty and went to Boots on Boxing day and got The Mark Hill MiracOILicous set for £11 instead of £22, I'd been dying to try this but didn't want to pay £8 for a pot of conditioner that I hate, I have a bad habit of doing this lately.
I then saw the perfumes had been reduced and got myself the Juicy Couture La La set for just £17 from boots it's usually priced at £35 for the perfume alone. I also got my mum Lacoste Touch of pink for £16 again from £25 and it's still available here so be quick! I have been after an electric tooth brush for ages and this leads me to believe I am getting old. Very worrying that I was SO excited to get the Oral B 800 Sensitive clean brush for £15 instead of £30. Easily pleased aren't I, I don't really like the idea of going out buying loads of things in sales on boxing day because Christmas isn't really meant to be about that but I don't have the conventional family, the house was empty so I used it as an excuse to have a wonder, oops.
I feel very much like the 'magic' of Christmas isn't really like it was any more, it's all very rushed and stressful then before you know it the days over and everyones forgotten what Christmas is all about, however I did have a really nice day!

I hope everyone had a faaaaaablus Christmas and got to spend some quality time with your family/friends and got lots of presents.

Did you visit the sales? Do you think the sales take away from the magic of Christmas? Or do you love Christmas just for the sales!
Let me know what you think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment