Wednesday 18 December 2013

REVIEW | Illamasqua | Brow Cake | Thunder




I have been through probably every eyebrow fad there has been, from over plucking and looking like I was constantly surprised, bold intense dark brows to not bothering and I think I have finally found one of my favourite products for my eyebrows. As an avid Anastasia Brow Wiz fan I thought I was set for life but at £15.50 plus delivery it was on the pricey side and only lasted me a month or so, so I was on the look out for something longer lasting but as easy and amazing as the Brow Wiz so let me introduce you to this babe of a product.

I'm a massive fan of Illamasqua anyway but when I read about Brow Cake on their website I thought meh, I'd tried MUA & Benefits powder brow sets and thought it was such a faff and hassle as well as sometimes the colour not being a great match however I went to the Illamasqua store last weekend on a family trip out and headed straight towards the brow cake and got matched to the shade Thunder, a dark brown shade, I thought it looked rather red but the colour isn't at all on my brow.

As always with Illamasqua the packaging is uniform, clean and well designed, theres even a little mirror in the compact for touch ups on the go.




There are 6 shades in the collection and they are £15.50 for 4.5g of product, I hardly used any of the product as the colour payoff is brilliant. A lovely lady applied some for me in store and I felt like my brows looked a million times better, I wanted to hug the lady who helped me in there she was so sweet, she made me feel at ease and complimented me so much on my hair. (I recently had a horrible experience in a well known make up store and I won't be going back so customer service really does matter!)

These swatches are just me pressing differently on my brush, the texture is a dream, its so soft and velvety, the product also stayed on my eyebrows all day without any setting spray and I even got rained on. I use a Real Techniques brow brush to apply this and it works perfectly for me.

(I will add a photo here of my brows very soon, I had an accident and bumped my head at work and actually knocked myself out, so I have a big lump on my right brow at the moment! So accident prone)

Have you tried Brow cake? What do you think? What's your Holy Grail brow product?

No comments:

Post a Comment